The Crown was situated at the Chapel CrossRoads and was owned in 1809 by Thomas Fisher, in whose family it remained until sold in 1847 to James Fisher (farmer). Mr. Fishers’ daughter sold it in 1919 to W.D. Summers from whom the Wrekin Brewery purchased it in 1924. It is believed that beer was brewed at the Crown until about 1910, by which time no brewing was taking place at the Bulls Head.
Wrekin Brewery owned the Bull Inn, The Crown Inn and also the Hare and Hounds at Withington, but the business was taken over in 1966 by Greenall Whitley. The picture shows the Crown in 1971, when Greenall Whitley intended to close it, The former ‘Wrekin Ales’ signs have been replaced by ‘Wem Ales’ with the Greenall Whitley logo.