These three houses, all of which must have been built, or rebuilt, early in the 19th century, are except in size similar in many respects. Each property was in separate ownership in 1842.
Although in 1950 the porch of The Villa was a ‘shell canopy’ it is known that this house originally had, same pillared type of porch as the other two houses. The alteration seems to have been carried out sometime after 1930.
Grove House was in 1950 the only one of the three to retain the original Georgian sash windows, the windows in the other two having been replaced by Victorian sash windows.
Family gathering at The Grove
Rodington House appears to have been completely rebuilt, perhaps replacing an older house. Grove House was probably newly built as it now stands and The Villa, which differs slightly in internal design, may have been rebuilt incorporating parts of an older house.
The probability is that all three houses were constructed about the same time by the same master builder, who adapted one set of plans to suit the wishes of each of his employers.